[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Add CA's certifacte to Netscape Navigator 2.01

> When I tried  to communciate with this secure server Navigator
> pop up a dialog box titled "Netsape -[New Site Certificate]",in this dialog
> box Netscape tell me it does not recognize the signer of this certificate
> and ask me if I accept this certificate.But when I click on the "next>"
> button in this box a application error occured.Windows gived out the error
> like this:
>
>                            Application Error
>       NETSCAPE  caused a General Protection Fault in
>          module NETSCAPE.EXE at 0010:7B63

I had faced this problem too. I believe this happens if the server
requires a certificate from Netscape.

Try starting up the server with 'client cert not required' optyion.
(In NCSA httpd with SSLeay, do not specify the -z verify switch).

I don't know if Netscape will work properly if you actually _have_ a
certificate to present to the server.

Cheers
Ravi